This week we had ice cream for breakfast . My boys thought I was the best mom ever! Of course it was a healthy ice cream. Similar to the peanut butter chocolate ice cream recipe from Wednesday. This ice cream is made with peaches and some yogurt, to make it look more like breakfast we topped it with homemade granola. Creamy, cold, crunchy, delicious … pure perfection. Healthy peach ice cream.
I recommend that you slice the peaches the night before, put them on a tray covered with wax paper, this makes them come out more easily once frozen. The next day just add them to the food processor with some yogurt and that’s it! healthy peach ice cream.
The granola gives it a nice crunch. Have you seen my homemade granola recipe? It is very simple and easy to vary the flavors. This week I made granola with maple syrup instead of honey, just yum! healthy peach ice cream.
What do you have for breakfast in the summer?
- 8 peaches, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- Sugar, honey or sweetener if desired
- 1 cup granola, if desired
How to make it
- Add the peaches, yogurt and sugar, if using, to the food processor. Process until creamy. Top with granola and serve immediately.