Blackberry – Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These blackberry - lime cupcakes are tender, full of berries and a delicious creamy lime frosting. It´s a party in your mouth.
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (118ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup milk (118ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (300g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
Lime cream cheese frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese soften
- 1/4 cup butter soften (56.7g/2oz)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon blackberry juice or lime juice
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners´ sugar (362.5g)
In a bowl, mix oil, eggs, lime zest, milk and vanilla. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and blackberries; stir into the egg mixture.
Fill greased muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 176°C/350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, lime zest and juice until smooth. Beat in confectioners´sugar. Frost cupcakes.
These cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months without the frosting.
Frosting keeps for up to 7 days in the fridge.