Bolivian quinoa p’esque is a light porridge or stew, but loaded with protein enjoyed early in the morning in the streets of La Paz.
1. Wash quinoa well.
2. Cook quinoa in saltwater.
3. Quinoa should be well cooked, with the help of the wooden spoon, mash it.
4. In the end, add salt to the quinoa and reserve.
For the onion stew:
1. In a pan add the oil and brown the onion.
2. Add yellow pepper and let it cook.
3. Season with salt, cumin and add water.
4. Let it cook and reduce.
How to serve p'esque with milk:
1. Heat the milk and add a pinch of salt.
2. Serve quinoa on a plate.
3. To the middle add milk and grated cheese on the edges.
How to serve p'esque with onions:
1. Serve quinoa in the form of a crown on the plate .
2. In the center add the onion mixture and grated cheese on the edges.
Make sure that when serving everything is very hot so that the cheese starts to melt.
I recommend eating the p’esque with milk and cheese in the morning for breakfast.