Chipa Almidón (Paraguayan Gluten-Free Bread)
Paraguayan bread made during Holy Week.
- 150 grams butter, soften (2/3 cup) I used Trebol brand
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams Paraguay cheese, grated (2 cups) I used Trebol brand
- 25 grams Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 500 grams cassava four (4 cups + 1 tablespoon)
- 100 ml milk ((1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons anise seeds
In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the eggs one by one and continue beating. Add the two kinds of cheese and the anise and beat until you have a creamy mixture.
Add cassava flour and salt. Mix by hand. Put the mixture on a flat surface and start kneading. Little by little add milk. Taste the dough for salt. Cover with a cloth and let stand.
Preheat oven to 425 ° F / 232 C and grease two baking sheets.
Knead the dough for about 3 to 5 minutes. Or until you have a very soft dough. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and give it the shape you want.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
The ingredients in this recipe were measured in grams. Measures in cups are an approximation.
Chipa is best consumed the same day it was made.