These sugar coated chocolate avocado cookies are kids approved.
When my son saw me making these cookies, you could see the disappointment in his face. Why ruin a cookie with avocado?? But after the first bite, he changed his mind and had a good helping of these amazing dairy-free cookies.
I love butter. And butter is a very important ingredient for making chewy or crispy cookies. We visited some friends yesterday and one of their boys is lactose intolerant, I wanted to bring something he could enjoy along with the other kids.
These chocolate avocado cookies were a hit with all the kids and the moms as well. It has a very intense chocolate flavor. It overpowers the avocado, so if you have people who don´t like avocado, they won´t even notice it.
The dough is very sticky. But you´ll manage to coat them in sugar. Because it doesn´t have any butter, the sugar helps with the little crunch you look in a cookie.
These cookies don´t expand much while baking. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten them.
Surprise your friends with these delicious dairy-free chocolate avocado cookies. They´ll be asking for more.
Do you have a favorite dairy-free cookie recipe? I would love to try it!
Chocolate Avocado Cookies (Dairy-Free)
- ½ cup of avocado puree (115 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder (59 g)
- 1-¼ cups of flour (156.25 g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of sugar to coat the cookies (100 g)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C and grease 2 baking trays.
- In a large bowl, mix the avocado, egg, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix everything until well combined. The dough is very sticky.
- In a small bowl, add half cup of sugar. With the help of a teaspoon, form balls of about 3 centimeters in diameter or 2 inches and roll in the sugar. Set the cookies on the prepared trays, leaving about 5 inches of space between each one. With the bottom of a glass, flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the trays for 5 minutes before removing and let them cool completely on a rack.