Would you like to have a freshly made piece of cake without all the baking? this double chocolate oat mug cake it´s just that! easy, delicious and spongy. A very dangerous recipe to have on hand!
I've been wanting to try these famous mug cakes for years. I think inside of me I knew it was dangerous. You can mix it and cook it in no time! hard to find an excuse for not eating cake every day 😉
This delicious recipe comes from Montse blogging at no sin mi taper (not without my Tupperware). She has a long list of yummy dessert recipes. So I grabbed this oatmeal and chocolate mug cake to share it here and with it participate alongside a group of Spanish speaking bloggers in a cooking challenge where we try to steal recipes from Montse this month without her knowing and then share it with everybody.
I made these mug cakes with my 3 boys, we all loved it! The first time we made one recipe, but our mug was too big and her recipe that was for 2 mugs, made only one of ours. So we tried again and this time we doubled the recipe and got 2 big mugs. Delicious! light in texture, moist and very chocolaty.
The recipe calls for oat flour, I didn´t have any so I just blended some oats and got my flour. As I said before, I doubled the recipe to get 2 big mugs and increased the cooking time.
After the first bite, my mind was already scheming all the other flavors we're going to add in the future.
Enjoy a piece of cake every day! 🙂
Double Chocolate Oat Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons oat flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. Divide the batter into 2 microwave-safe mugs.
- Microwave one mug at a time for 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chocolate chips and cook another minute. Do the same with the other mug.