These cookies are crispy and chewy. A touch of cardamom makes them a special treat.
Cardamom is not a spice that I grew up with. Once married, my husband introduced me to Indian food, and with it came cardamom. It can be found ground or whole seeds (inside a pod). I usually buy both and use the ground one for bread and cookies and the seeds to add to rice or chicken stew.
The idea of these lemon-cardamom white chocolate cookies came from a recipe for cinnamon rolls I've made before.
These rolls have lemon zest and ground cardamom, instead of the more common sugar and cinnamon mixture. It's so yummy! One of those rolls that people always remember and ask for them every time they see you.
These white chocolate cookies go great with lemon and cardamom. The edges are crisp and the center is chewy. Just yum! Don't forget to add the lemon drizzle, it's just the perfect touch for these cookies!
More recipes with lemon:
If you liked the recipe above, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below! and share your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #chipabythedozen
Lemon-Cardamom White Chocolate Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups flour (187.5g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup butter softened (170.1g)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (100g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or chunks (12-oz. pkg.)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (62.5g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda, ground cardamom and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg and lemon juice and zest; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips or chunks. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks.
- For drizzle: mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over warm cookies.
Christina Lo Birdsong
Thank you for this. I cannot wait to try it!!
Zesty lemon and spicy cardamom were meant to be together and these cookies prove it!
Yes! 🍪 ☕ 😋 🙂
I love cardamom and didn't particularly think of it with lemon, but can definitely see it working. These sound delicious (as do those rolls you mention!)
I hope you give them a try Caroline!
I never thought to pair lemon with cardamom before but these cookies were absolutely delicious!! I'm going to be making them for my whole family at Christmas this year!
I'm glad you liked them!
Never knew that lemon works so well with cardamom. These cookies are delicious, and a more grown-up version than your typical chocolate chips cookies. 🙂
Lemon and cardamom together is amazing!
Sally @ Savory With Soul
These look divine! Printing now to bake soon for my hungry brood! Thanks!
I hope you guys like them!
Lizet Flores de Bowen
Gracias Noly! Estoy disfrutando de una ahora mismo con una taza de té 😊. Pronto quiero probar tu receta de cocadas. Crecí comiendo cocadas en Bolivia y hasta ahora que no hago.
Que pases una feliz Navidad!
Noly's Sweet Box
¡Que ricas se ven! Yo le estoy cogiendo el gustillo a eso de hornear galletas, y estas me parecen que deben de estar riquísimas! Feliz navidad! Besitos desde noly's sweet box