This banana mug cake with dulce de leche drizzle is light and not overly sweet. Dessert in less than 10 minutes? yes, please!
In January of this year I made my first mug cake, and let me tell you, there is no going back! Cake in less than 10 minutes? and just one dish for washing up? Oh yeah! that's my kind of cooking ;).
What is a mug cake?
Mug cake is a cake that is prepared, cooked and served in a mug. Easy, right? and look at that mouth-watering dessert!
To make this banana mug cake stand out more, we drizzled it with dulce de leche. Of course, you can add some ice cream or whipped cream.
As I mentioned before, everything is prepared in a single mug. Start with the banana, use a fork to mash it. Since bananas come in different sizes, my small banana was about a quarter cup. Then you add the rest of the liquid ingredients and sugar.
Then add some flour and baking powder, mix it and microwave it. The time depends on your microwave. Mine was ready in 4 minutes.
How do you know if it's ready? After the first 3 minutes, remove it and touch the center of the cake, it has to be firm.
Now to finish this amazing and quick dessert, we are going to melt a bit of dulce de leche, about a teaspoon.
Use the same spoon to drizzle it all over your cake. That is all! there is no way back. You'll be eating cake every day 🙂
Do you like mug cakes? try this Double chocolate oat mug cake too!
Banana Mug Cake with Dulce de Leche Drizzle
- 1/4 cup of banana puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dulce de leche
- In a mug, mash the banana. Add the egg, sugar, oil, vanilla and mix. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. (Stop at 3 minutes to see if the center is firm, if it is not, cook for another minute).
- Melt a teaspoon of dulce de leche and drizzle over the cake. Serve hot.