These blackberry – lime cupcakes are tender, full of berries and a delicious creamy lime frosting. It´s a party in your mouth.
The weekend is here and we can indulge a little. These cupcakes aside from being cute, are so delicious and full of flavor, your family and friends are going to love them. I took them to a meetting last week, and they were gone in a whiff. Blackberries and lime go together so well, even though they´re both tart.
I used the last frozen blackberries I had, hoping we’ll have more this year. I like to coat them with flour, so they don´t go to the bottom of each muffin tin.
Once you add the liquid ingredients to the flour, fold gently as to not break the berries.
Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes in the pan before putting them on a rack to cool completely. And while this cools, let´s make the frosting.
It would not be a cupcake if it didn´t have a delicious frosting. This time I made a lime cream cheese frosting.
As you can see, I’m not very good at decorating. I used a spatula to decorate these cupcakes, but if you like, you can add it to a piping bag and frost your cupackes 🙂.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (118ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup milk (118ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (300g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3 ounces cream cheese soften
- 1/4 cup butter soften (56.7g/2oz)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon blackberry juice or lime juice
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners´ sugar (362.5g)
- In a bowl, mix oil, eggs, lime zest, milk and vanilla. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and blackberries; stir into the egg mixture.
- Fill greased muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 176°C/350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, lime zest and juice until smooth. Beat in confectioners´sugar. Frost cupcakes.
These cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months without the frosting.
Frosting keeps for up to 7 days in the fridge.