These blackberry - lime cupcakes are tender, full of berries and a delicious creamy lime frosting. It´s a party in your mouth.
The weekend is here and we can indulge a little. These cupcakes aside from being cute, are so delicious and full of flavor, your family and friends are going to love them. I took them to a meetting last week, and they were gone in a whiff. Blackberries and lime go together so well, even though they´re both tart.
I used the last frozen blackberries I had, hoping we'll have more this year. I like to coat them with flour, so they don´t go to the bottom of each muffin tin.
Once you add the liquid ingredients to the flour, fold gently as to not break the berries.
Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes in the pan before putting them on a rack to cool completely. And while this cools, let´s make the frosting.
It would not be a cupcake if it didn´t have a delicious frosting. This time I made a lime cream cheese frosting.
As you can see, I'm not very good at decorating. I used a spatula to decorate these cupcakes, but if you like, you can add it to a piping bag and frost your cupackes 🙂.
If you liked the recipe above, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below! and share your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #chipabythedozen
Blackberry – Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (118ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup milk (118ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (300g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
Lime cream cheese frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese soften
- 1/4 cup butter soften (56.7g/2oz)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon blackberry juice or lime juice
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners´ sugar (362.5g)
- In a bowl, mix oil, eggs, lime zest, milk and vanilla. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and blackberries; stir into the egg mixture.
- Fill greased muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 176°C/350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, lime zest and juice until smooth. Beat in confectioners´sugar. Frost cupcakes.
Do you like baking with berries? what about this berry baked oatmeal for breakfast? more cupcakes? try this pineapple coconut cupcake.
I’m sharing this post at Recipe of the Week, and Fiesta Friday (cohosted by Food For The Soul and The Not So Creative Cook)
Kat (The Baking Explorer)
They sound so yummy, I can't believe I've never thought of mixing blackberry with lime before!
Lizet Flores de Bowen
I hope you try it Kat! It was delicious!
These look delicious. I bet the lime zest really accentuates the flavor of the blackberries. Thanks for this great recipe!
Jhuls | The Not So Creative Cook
My mouth is watering over these cupcakes! The cupcake itself look so pretty, but that cream cheese frosting is so gorgeous. I love that you added juice coz it really is looking lovely. I bet they taste fantastic, too. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Lizet Flores de Bowen
Oh, thanks Jhuls! they were yummy 🙂