This fudge is so creamy. It melts in your mouth. It's peanut butter heaven. Want more? it's mixed in only one bowl!
What is fudge? Fudge is a creamy but firm candy and its basic ingredients are sugar, milk, and butter. By varying the kind of sugar, replacing milk with cream, butter by other fats, you get different textures and flavors.
Fudge originated in the US and little by little has reached other parts of the world. Here in Paraguay, we have something similar called dulce de maní (sweet peanuts). In Bolivia we have tablillas. All of these products are sold both in supermarkets and on the streets.
How to make creamy chocolate peanut butter fudge:
This recipe cannot be simpler. We're going to use one single bowl to mix all our ingredients in, and we're using the microwave to speed thing up a bit. But before you start:
- Remove all your ingredients from the refrigerator 15 minutes before using
- Read the recipe about 3 times, even if it's simple
- Cover a pan with parchment paper
Once you mix all your ingredients in the bowl, you need to work quickly because the fudge hardens fast.
Peanut butter in Paraguay is very thick, not very spreadable, which makes the process of mixing this fudge a bit more laborious, but not impossible. I recommend that you don't use sweet peanut butter, even though is creamier (here in Paraguay). Salted or unsalted peanut butter? I used unsalted peanut butter. But you can use either one.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make and serve to large groups. Because this fudge is so rich, one piece is enough. Also, I really like it because it's mixed in one bowl, you use one pan, so not much for washing up ?
I got the recipe from a magazine. It came in small quantities and individual balls were formed. I always want to make large amounts and then save the leftovers, so I increased the amounts to meet my needs.
What do you think? Easy, right? Peanut butter and chocolate go hand-in-hand! One of those flavors that makes you come back for another piece ?
Note: I published this recipe on November 26th, 2011, when I had only one blog. Now that I have one for English and one for Spanish, I am trying to separate my recipes with the right language.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Places I'm sharing this recipe:
Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup butter (266.8g)
- 1 cup peanut butter (266g)
- 4 teaspoons milk
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (39.3g)
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar (500g)
- Cover a 13x9 inches or 33x22 cm pan with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. About 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and milk; mix well.
- Add cocoa powder and confectioners sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add fudge mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Slice and serve.
You may also like this Dulce de Leche Fudge