This moist chocolate zucchini bread is a must for any chocolate lover. Deep chocolate flavor, a few chocolate chips here and there. It´s a winner!
As I mentioned it before, my boys have nightmares with zucchini. They do not like it at all. I had them try this bread without telling them all the ingredients. They loved it and asked for another slice!
Very chocolaty. Not only has cocoa powder in the batter, but also chocolate chips. It´s a very tender and moist bread/cake. Usually when using zucchini to make cakes or bread, you let it sit for a while to get rid of the water. With this recipe you don´t need to do that. But because we´re not doing that step, we´ll need to be a little patient with the baking.
How do you know if your bread is done? Touch the center of your bread, it needs to be firm; if it jiggles a little, bake it for another 10 minutes. The hard part of making this bread is the waiting, both during baking time and while cooling down. This moist chocolate zucchini bread is soooo tender, it needs to be completely cold before slicing it. To eat it, you need to serve it on a plate and use a fork, otherwise, it kinds of disintegrates in your hand, goes to the floor and of course, we do not want to waste this deliciousness!
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and grease a 9x5 inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl add oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract and mix. Add the zucchinie and mix. To this mixture, add the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking soda and the salt. Mix only until everything is incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the dough into the greased mold and bake for 60 minutes or until the center feels firm. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and placing in a rack to cool completely.
Keeps up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I´m linking this post to #CookBlogShare hosted this week at easypeasyfoodie.com