Nothing like homemade brownies. Chewy, gooey, thick and top with a layer of creamy chocolate icing.
And do you know what? These brownies can be mixed in one single bowl! Not only that, but they are very cheap to make too. The ingredients are very simple, maybe you have all of them in your pantry.
There are two ingredients for which this brownie recipe is my favorite. It uses oil instead of butter (something I can´t always find at the store). Two, it uses cocoa powder (something I can have in my cupboard for months without going bad, and much cheaper than chocolate bars!)
How to make moist brownies? The secret is in the baking. Most of the recipes you find, say to preheat the oven. When I’ve done that, the edges and the bottom burned and the rest is far from being cooked ☹. I have a gas oven, and it is very difficult to control the temperature. What I have learned to do during all these years of making brownies, is to put the baking tray in the oven and then turn it on. The brownie bakes slowly. The edges come out crispy, but not burned; and the center comes out moist, gooey and just perfect.
If that is not amazing already, we´re spreading it with a thick creamy chocolate icing layer! This is what dreams are made of 😉
This recipe is very versatile. You can serve it without the icing. Or add small marshmallows, maybe a little bit of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, and / or chopped nuts to the batter.
Are you new to baking? This recipe is very simple and just perfect to be the first recipe you bake. Just read the instructions about 3 times, gather all your ingredients and start mixing.
The day gets brighter when the house smells like homemade brownies 🙂
Thick, chewy and gooey. These brownies are the perfect summer dessert.
- 1 cup vegetable oil (236ml)
- 2 cups sugar (400g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125g)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (78.67g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter softened (85g)
- 6 tablespoons Hershey’s cocoa (44.25g)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup confectioners’ sugar (250g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a big bowl mix together sugar, vanilla, oil, eggs. Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 8x11.5x2 2 inch pan or 200x290x50 centimeter pan. Turn on the oven to 176°C/350°F and bake for 40 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Cool completely in pan before spreading the icing.
- For the icing: add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat until thick and creamy. Spread over cool brownies.
Keep in the fridge for 6 days.
If you like this brownie recipe, check out my Dulce de leche cheesecake brownie recipe!