What´s better than brownies? well, dulce de leche cheesecake brownies of course!
It´s Friday! My boys and I look forward to Fridays. We´re almost done with school. They get to play video games. I get the whole afternoon free; baking, shopping, running. And a cup of tea with some dulce de leche cheesecake brownies.
Brownies are so easy to make. I´m always wondering why people buy a brownie mix. You can mix the whole thing in one bowl in like 5 minutes (if you count getting all your ingredientes ready).
For this dessert I put my three favorite things together. Brownie, cheesecake and dulce de leche. This brownie came out so moist, with crispy edges and little puddles of dulce de leche here and there.
To sweetten the cheesecake batter, I used dulce de leche. But because I love dulce de leche so much, I added a few more teaspoons to the brownie batter too, and then just swirl everything together.
Look at that little chunk of dulce de leche! come on! grab a piece of this dulce de leche cheesecake brownie and have a great weekend!
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! and share your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #chipabythedozen
- 1 cup vegetable oil (236ml)
- 2 cups of sugar (400g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour (125g)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (78.6g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (56.7g)
- 6 oz. / 170gr. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dulce de leche
- In a large bowl, mix oil, vanilla, sugar, and eggs. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- For the filling, beat with an electric mixer butter, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of dulce de leche until creamy. Add eggs, flour and vanilla; mix well.
- In a 9x13 inch greased baking dish, pour the brownie batter. With the help of a spoon, drop cheesecake batter over the brownie batter. Use a teaspoon to drop dulce de leche in between the cheesecake batter.
- Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake at 350°F. / 176.6C°. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Once cooled, these brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months.