Gooey brownie cups filled with a layer of milk chocolate and peanut butter; topped with white chocolate and peanut butter. All of that drizzled with more chocolate.
Is your love language chocolate? Apparently, we have a special day to celebrate all things chocolate, and tomorrow October 28th, here in the US is #nationalchocolateday.
I don't actually need an excuse or a special date to enjoy something with chocolate, and if you are here, probably think the same.
These brownie cups are decadent. Starts with your favorite brownie recipe which we'll use it to hold more chocolate.
The filling is my favorite combo, chocolate and peanut butter. Don't like peanut butter? just skip it and fill it with your favorite chocolate.
The ingredients for these little brownie cups are staple in many homes.
I used my favorite brownie recipe because is cheap to make and they turn up perfect every time.
For the filling I used milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. If you are using chocolate bars, chopped them small before melting.
How to make it
This brownie recipe is super simple.
Start by mixing oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl. Then add the dry ingredients, give it a stir and it's ready. How simple is that?!
Next, pour the batter into muffin tins. Fill them ¾ full, and bake!
Once they are out of the oven, wait 5 minutes and use a rolling pin, a round tablespoon or other item to make the cup part in the center of the brownie.
Leave the brownies to cool completely in the pan before removing them.
For the filling, place each chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, add a tablespoon of peanut butter and microwave each one for 1 minute, to 1-½ minute. Stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
Putting it together:
Before filling the cups, take 2 teaspoons of milk chocolate and reserve it to make the drizzle.
Start by filling all the brownie cups with the milk chocolate mixture. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then add the white chocolate mixture.
To finish it up, drizzle milk chocolate.
Recipes you might like:
Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120g)
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour (64g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder 35g
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped milk chocolate (114g)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (15g)
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate (114g)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (15g)
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 175C. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a bowl mix together sugar, vanilla, oil, and eggs. Add the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Fill each greased muffin tin ¾ full (I got 8). Bake for 25 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then make a dent in the middle of each brownie with the back of a spoon or the tip of a wooden spoon. Let it cool completely in the pan before removing it.
- While the brownie cups are cooling, cut the chocolate into small chunks (or use chocolate chips).
- Add milk chocolate and peanut butter to a small bowl and white chocolate and peanut butter into another small bowl. Melt each bowl of chocolate in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Mix well.
- Divide the chocolate milk into the brownie cups (I left a teaspoon of this chocolate to decorate the cups at the end).
- Let it stand for 5 minutes. Add the white chocolate over the milk chocolate. If desired, put the rest of the milk chocolate in a bag, cut the tip, and decorate the brownies.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!