Homemade dulce de leche pudding with a hint of coffee. Creamy and so easy to make.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner. And some of us are getting ready to make something special for our loved ones.
So what's your plan? Do you make a whole meal? maybe a gift? I just focus on the dessert 😊
This from scratch pudding is so easy to make, you won't be going back to store-bought ones.
The recipe for today was inspired by my two friends who moved to Paraguay less than a year ago.
Coming from a country where almost everything is pre-made or ready to eat.
Yes. Homemade pudding is one of those desserts that is so easy to make at home, you won't be going back to store-bought ones.
The ingredients for making pudding at home, are very similar to those used for making flan. Eggs, milk
But unlike flan, pudding is cooked in a saucepan, on a hob. It takes very little time to cook it and the consistency is softer, but creamy at the same time. More like a custard.
Dulce de leche pudding
And because we can't just make vanilla pudding, that'll be too boring, we are adding dulce de leche and some coffee.
Yes! those two go amazingly well together 😋
Dulce de leche is similar to caramel, but with a firmer consistency. It's very popular here in South America and a lot of the desserts have it.
Coffee, I used instant coffee. If you don't have it, use 1 tablespoon of brewed coffee.
This dulce de leche is amazing by its own. But because I'm making it for a special occasion, I added an oreo base and then topped it with some whipped cream and more dulce de leche.
Homemade pudding for two
This homemade pudding serves two portions. But who says you only need two portions? double the recipe and save the rest for the next day.
Enjoy your pudding!
More recipes for Valentine's Day:
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup milk cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 Oreos
- If desired, whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons dulce de leche
- Pudding: In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients for the pudding and mix well so the yolk breaks.
- Cook on medium heat and stir constantly.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and cook 2 more minutes. Stirring all the time so the pudding doesn't stick to the pan.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Base: Crush or cut Oreos into little pieces and add them to two glasses.
- Once the pudding is cold or still a little bit warm, pour it into the glasses.
- Garnish with some whipped cream and drizzle dulce de leche.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve.
How to make dulce de leche runny: Microwave it for 10 to 15 seconds.