This salad has a lot going on. Sweet, crunchy and a touch of spicy. Great salad for this summer.
After 6 years of blogging, this is my first salad recipe. It's never too late to start, right?
I'm not really into vegetables. I eat them, but they are not my favorites. I try to serve them every day, but it's not something that excites me or makes me want to say, wow! I want more vegetables! Hahaha.
For me, the most appetizing way to eat vegetables is in the form of a salad. I realize that I eat more vegetables if they have interesting flavors and textures.
Like today's salad. It has mango, that adds a little sweetness, some avocado (my favorite), nuts, and other vegetables to give it more color.
But for a salad to be wow in your mouth, you need a good dressing. This dressing is simple and with ingredients that for the most part, are in your pantry.
The mango in this salad dressing adds a little bit mango sweetness without adding sugar.
Because I like spicy food I added fresh chili peppers. Wow! Yeah, this time I said wow! to a salad.
It came out so refreshing. A mixture of textures from the mango and the different vegetables, some sweetness from the dressing and then boom! a kick from the chili. Just so delicious!
Other uses for Spicy Mango Dressing:
- To marinate chicken before grilling
- Use it as a dip for chicken nuggets or chicken fingers
- Add some sour cream and mix it with some pasta
How do you make your salad more interesting?
Try this Mango popsicle
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar I used apple
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small chilies, if desired
- For the salad, mix all the ingredients and serve.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to the blender and blend for 2 minutes. Serve with the salad.
Keep dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.