With only 3 ingredients you can make these cute, easy breakfast granola cups.
These granola cups are crunchy and firm. They can be stored outside the refrigerator for almost a week without losing their shape. But I promise they will not last that long 🙂. It's an easy, fun and healthy way to serve breakfast to your kids, or for after school snack. When my boys first saw the empty granola shells, they started making a mental list of the ingredients they wanted to use to fill them with, and of course, chocolate was the first one 🙂 .
As I said before, only 3 ingredients. Oats, honey and a splash of oil. What if you don´t have honey? well, you can use maple syrup without a problem.
Divided the oatmeal into each muffin pan. If you're like me, and like to measure everything up, I added 2 and a half spoons into each mold. Press the mixture with a teaspoon or greased fingers, until it is compact.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Wait another 5 minutes before removing them from the mold.
Let them cool completely on a cooling rack. Fillings? That's the fun part!
What´s your favorite filling? need some ideas?
What can I use to fill this granola cups with?
- a little bit of yogurt and fruit, very simple
- how about this yummy sugar free peanut butter chocolate ice cream
- or this peach ice cream
- or pineapple coconut ice cream
- if I give into my boys request? a bit of nutella with some sliced bananas
What would you fill these granola cups with at home?
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! and share your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #chipabythedozen
Don´t forget to pin this recipe for later!
- 2-3/4 cups all fashioned oats (247.5 g)
- 1/2 cup honey (118ml / 4fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Keep in mind that the oats really need to be coated with honey.
- Grease a muffin pan and distribute the oatmeal mixture, trying to have the same amount in each pan. With the help of a teaspoon or greased hands, form a hole or bowl in each mold. Pressing so that the mixture is compact and won´t come apart when cool.
- Bake at 148°C/300°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave for 5 minutes in the mold before removing; let it cool completely on a metal rack.
Keep granola cups in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.